We Can Help Stop Home Foreclosure
How to Avoid Foreclosure and Keep Your Home by Using Bankruptcy
Your home is your haven. The slightest thought of losing it can make you lose sleep. Never take a chance when you are facing foreclosure. With help from experienced and competent Walton Legal Services Indiana bankruptcy attorneys, the odds are we will be able to help you keep your house.
Over the past 26 years, we have helped thousands of local residents retain the roofs over their heads by providing sound debt-relief services. Call today for a free initial consultation with one of our most competent debt-relief attorneys.
How to Avoid Foreclosure by Filing for Bankruptcy
If you are facing foreclosure, but are in a position to resume your payments, a Chapter 13 bankruptcy can freeze the foreclosure and give you three to five years to catch up your overdue payments. And of course, you get to keep your house.
There are many options available for you to keep your house as you file for bankruptcy:
- Equity Exemption: It is stated in Bankruptcy law that there are exemptions allowed for people who are going to file bankruptcy. Married couples can protect up to $35,200 of equity in their home.
- Repayment: Based on Chapter 13, this provision is about debt repayment/ reorganization that will last for a three year to five year repayment period. This will give you a chance to repay your mortgage debt while at the same time saving your house.
- Reaffirmation: According to Chapter 7 there is an option to reaffirm your liabilities. This means that you can continue to pay on your home as if a bankruptcy had never been filed.
- Automatic Stay: As stated by the law, debt collectors are not allowed to gather payments from those individuals who are in the bankruptcy. This applies for both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. This situation, will give you time to rethink and look for possible payment options to keep your home.
- Negotiation: There is no harm in negotiating. Creditors are often willing to renegotiate the outstanding deficiency.
Stripping Off Second Mortgages
A Chapter 13 bankruptcy can get your second or subsequent mortgages stripped off. Thats right. You can keep your home and totally wipe away a second mortgage if you meet the rules.
Walton Legal Services in Indiana is your trusted bankruptcy law firm for the last 26 years. Why waste time as debts continue to mount? Give us a call and set up an appointment for your FREE initial consultation with our experienced bankruptcy attorneys. We’ll give you sound legal advice and quote you the most reasonable and transparent legal fees, so that you know exactly how much you’ll be paying.
Customized, Smooth Services
26 years and thousands of bankruptcy cases have taught us a lot about all types of bankruptcies. We can help you retain your house through the bankruptcy, while providing customized, smooth services all the way. We’ll never keep you waiting for an outcome.
We get your bankruptcy filed fast, but we never compromise on client services. Our clients are our top priority. You’ll never find us short on time to discuss the details of your case with you, and point you in the right direction.